As innovative entrepreneurs push products and services beyond imagination to benefit consumers, regulations tend to fall behind. One solution that is being experimented with in the states and abroad is a regulatory sandbox, where entrepreneurs and incumbents alike are allowed to try out new ideas and innovations in hopes of making a breakthrough, while also giving regulators a better look into the data driving the innovations of the future. Will and Caden discuss this and more in this week’s episode of the Exformation podcast.
- Ivo Jenik, Briefing on Regulatory Sandboxes, UNSGA (2017) [Link].
- World Bank: What have we learned from sandboxes? [Link].
- James Czerniawsk, How Utah Aims to Help Businesses Flourish After Pandemic, US News (March 25, 2021) [Link].
- Isabelle Morales, List: 846 Regulations Waived to Help Fight COVID-19, ATR (August 4, 2020) [Link].
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Things to know about Arizona’s FinTech Sandbox (Updated April 8, 2021) [Link].
- Caden Rosenbaum, Out of the weeds and into the skies: going broad on commercial drone regulation, Benchmark Blog (May 07, 2021) [Link].