CGO Senior Research Fellow Eli Dourado joins Co-Founder and Partner of Village Global Erik Torenberg on the Venture Stories Podcast to discuss the 2020s, economic growth, and deep tech. Also discussed:
– Why Eli wants to radically increase GDP per capita and the current bottlenecks to achieving that.
– Why he thinks the 2020s will be the decade of atoms.
– Why amazing scientific breakthroughs like CRISPR haven’t translated into new products or treatments.
– Why he’s excited about geothermal power and how it could change geopolitics if its potential is realized.
– His breakdown of his position as a technological optimist and cultural pessimist.
– Where he agrees or disagrees with Tyler Cowen, Bryan Caplan, Peter Thiel, and Samuel Hammond.
– Why entrepreneurs shouldn’t shy away from areas with regulatory risk, since “that’s where all the action happens.”