Cesar L. Escalante
CGO Contributing Scholar Cesar L. Escalante is a Professor at the University of Georgia specializing in Agricultural Finance and Immigration.
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics – University of Illinois, 2001
- M.S., Agricultural Economics, University of Guelph (Ontario, Canada), 1996
- Exchange Scholar – International Christian University (Tokyo, Japan), 1984
- B.A., Economics – Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines), 1983
- Agricultural Finance: Analysis of lenders’ risk rating systems and risk management strategies; application of migration framework to farm credit risk analysis
- Agribusiness Management: Analysis of farmers’ financial structure decisions and business strategies for financial growth, risk management and debt repayment
- Immigration, farm labor, and health economics-related issues
- Development and microfinance.
- Farm financial management, including farm business planning, record-keeping, financial analysis