Our Editorial Board
All CGO research products go through a rigorous review process, providing contributing scholars with the opportunity to receive feedback from reviewers with relevant expertise. Our research team works closely with contributing scholars to ensure that papers meet the highest standards of academic integrity. We also rely on our editorial board of senior editors to help guide and inform that process.
Our editorial board plays an important role in the research review process. Senior editors synthesize feedback from external reviewers and provide guidance to authors on how to incorporate that feedback into a final draft. Once an author has revised a paper, our senior editors review the draft once again to determine whether all relevant feedback has been adequately addressed.
Our editorial board members come from across the country, bringing decades of research experience in their respective fields to their role as senior editors with the CGO.
CGO Research Review Process
- Author submits the first draft of a CGO working paper or policy paper
- Draft is reviewed by internal team and 2 external reviewers with relevant expertise
- A senior editor reviews all feedback and helps prioritize key changes
- All feedback is compiled and returned to the author
- Author makes any necessary revisions to the paper
- Author returns revised draft to CGO along with a write-up of key changes made
- The senior editor reviews the revised draft to determine if all necessary changes have been made
- If not, the paper is returned to the author with additional revisions
- If yes, the paper becomes a final draft
- Fact-checking process ensures all claims made in the paper are properly cited
- Paper goes through a professional copy-editing process
- Paper is formatted and released on the CGO website